Monday, 28 July 2014

Food Adventures!



These past three days has been a wonderful break! No work and no studying. It was so good just hanging out and enjoying good food!!

Since I last wrote nothing much happened at work. Akram and I are still working on the MRR reports... But another intern came, Karolis, and I was in change of giving him a short orientation. He is nice and we will be working together on some projects. 

I am happy that I am meeting other interns! I have gone out to lunch with several other coworkers and it has been a good time getting to know them. 

Monday is a public holiday called Hari Raya Puasa which is a Malay Muslim holiday. It is the celebration of the ending of Ramadan. Because of the holiday there is an area called Geylang Serai and it is filled with food stalls. Therefore this Saturday, I went with Karolis (the new intern) and Miko (a hostel mate). We decided that night we would try many different types of food and be opened minded. During the evening of our food tasting we decided we should have our own show called Food Adventures. The food we tried was really good and it was fun just looking at the different foods and walking through the open night market. 

This is how they decorated the street. 

Uncle making for us. 



Fooood!
So many options!
Octopus on a stick! 
                                                                                  Having coconut milk from an actual coconut!

Then on Sunday, we did episode 2 of Food Adventures! We went to Little India to eat and sight see.  
Then we meet Danny and Akshay at Douby Ghaut. We watched Hercules and then we went to Marina Bay. We walked along the lake, walked along for the festival, and had dinner together. It was a good evening together. 









No comments:

Post a Comment