Minnal (on the left) is my roommate from India. Miko (middle) is my neighbor from Hong Kong
It has been a while since I last wrote because I've been pretty busy with balancing work and school while finding time to hang out with my hostel friends. I worked 43 hours last week while finishing 3 assignments and a paper. God is so good because He gave me the ability to stay up with only about 3-5 hours of sleep to finish the assignments and for the two nights I only got about 3 hours of sleep in order to finish my essay.
Just 2 more weeks to go and I will be done with my class!
Work is going well. A new intern came last week, he and I will be working on projects together. He is from Tunisia, but he studies in Germany. Even though I am still relatively new, I was put in charge of training him! So I spent one day orientating him to the company and informed him on the current projects that was happening. It was somewhat amusing that in my second week at Bosch I would be training the new intern. Some information I was able to explain well while other things I had no idea what I wast talking about. Anyway, thankfully he is better at numbers than I am so auditing budget reports together has been very beneficial. Each country sends their quarterly budget plan and current spending amount. We are to analyze the report and make sure the numbers match and make sense. However, neither Zann (my department head) nor Shuyi (assistant to Zann) told us what to look for so we are going through the reports and trying to make sense of it all. Worse yet, each country has a different idea of how to present their budget so each report means a new way of approaching the assignment. And now tomorrow another intern is coming and I am in charge of training him as well. So I will get very good at training new interns!
The only aspect that I hate about making international friends is the fact that usually there are goodbyes. I became fast friends with some hostel mates. However, their internship only lasted 6 weeks and they all had to leave today. Even though I only knew them for 2 weeks, we developed a good relationship. Since we lived close together, Minnal was my roommate and the boys lived next door to us, we saw each other a lot. In the evenings we would chat and we went shopping and food hunting together. Since yesterday would be the last day to hangout , we decided to go to the beach. It took forever to there since we took a lot of detours, but it was work going. The water felt so good and the place was just beautiful. We went to Sentosa for Palawan beach. Ruby and her friend were there as well so we meet up. We played frisbee and then we crossed a bridge to visit the southernmost part of the continental of Asia.
Then later that night we had a goodbye cake. It was a nice taking pictures and hanging out one more time.
They were a fun group of friends and I hope we can all see each other again.






No comments:
Post a Comment