This weekend has been tons of fun because I got to hangout with friends and see more of Singapore.
After work on Thursday I met Ting, Abi, Ruby and their friends to go to the Night Safari. It is a nocturnal zoo and there were so many animals that I have never seen before! (I'll share photos later once I get them). Some of the animals I saw were Tarsiers, Wallabies, Deer Rats, Slow Loris, and Malayan Civets.
I liked it because the lighting looked like natural moon light and animals were not caged, (of course the nore dangerous animals were behind class) but separated by natural barriers which made the place more open and more authentic.
We got to see an amazing fire breathing show. They would change the amount of oil they would blow out and change the direction and how big the flame got.
It is still amazing to meet that I am in Singapore with all my Singaporean friends I meet in the States!
Then the next evening I met my roommate and some friends on either side of my room went to Orchid Road for shopping and dinner. The whole road was full of shops and malls. We went to Lucky Plaza since they are known for their cheaper prices. Then we went to a mall for their food court. I love the food courts here since their is so many food varieties from all over Asia. You can choose from Thai, Indian, Chinese, Vietnamese, Korea, Malaysian, Indonesian and probably even more. I tried Carrot Cake (Chai tow kway), a traditional Singaporean food, made of eggs and daikon (radish). I tried the white version the other version which is black is sweeter. It was good and it is now crossed off my list!
Yesterday, my hostel friends went to Chinatown for shopping and sightseeing. There were so many shops and a lot of good deals :)
This is the inside of the temple and I had to cover up since they don't allow exposed shoulders inside.
This is Miko. She is from Hong Kong and she is doing an marketing internship until November. The Indian friends are all leaving next week so I am glad she is staying a long time so we can hangout together longer.
This is the inside of the temple and I had to cover up since they don't allow exposed shoulders inside.
This is Miko. She is from Hong Kong and she is doing an marketing internship until November. The Indian friends are all leaving next week so I am glad she is staying a long time so we can hangout together longer.
For lunch we went to a hawker center and tried Singapore's well known Chicken Rice the famous food stall. It was good and there was a thick slightly sweet soy sauce mixture you put on it.
Here are some pictures of us
Trying on the glasses that the other three bought. hehehe

No comments:
Post a Comment