Monday, 4 August 2014

One Month


It has been a month now since I arrived in this tiny country in Asia. Living here is significantly different then what I have experienced before and I am enjoying every minute of it! 

Even though the hostel I stay at is not the highest quality, the friends and hostel mates that I have here more than make up for the dysfunctional toilets and ques for the shower. It is nice to come home and see all my roomies and usually I spend a couple hours hanging out before I study. 

Since the Indian girl left I got a new roomate, Nicole, she is from China but she only stayed a week because she want to the hostel located at Tiong Bahru since it is closer to her school (actually I will also move there in a couple of weeks since it would be faster to get to work and it is closer to places that I like to go on the weekends). Also, Miko has new roommates and some European boys moved into the Indian boy's room. So there is never a dull moment here at home or on the weekends :) 

Doing a class while interning 40+ hours and hanging out with friends has been tough and usually I only got 3-6 hours of sleep per evening. But this past weekend I finished my last exam and I have 2 weeks of freedom! 

On the holiday, I went around Singapore with Sathyan. He was an inter at Bosch a couple of years ago, but now he works there full-time. We went to Bugis (cheap shopping market), Chinatown, Marina Barrage, and then we meet up with Miko to have dinner at Karolis' house. In Chinatown there was an Hindu temple and it was interesting to walk though it with him since he was explain a lot about the building and traditions. At Karolis' house we ate mushroom soup that he cooked and then Miko tried making her favorite avocado milk. It was a good ending of a relaxing of a 3 day holiday. 

Work is going well and I am extremely happy that Shuyi is back from her honeymoon. Now working on the MRR reports (each country's budget plan) is clearer and Akram and I know what is expected of us. Now we are putting data from the MRR budgets into PPT for presentation to the next level boss. 


This is my desk! It is a new desk and I am the first intern at this desk (feeling special ;) Anyway, since Bosch is undergoing hierarchy structure the COM shifted down the corridor so we will be near the SMS teams because COM-AP will change to be SMS3 (Customer Sales). So now I am cube mates with Sathyan while Akram and Karolis are further away (which is weird placement since I will be working with them on projects and not Sathyan, but hey management know what they are doing?).  

This past weekend I took my exam early Saturday morning then took a nap before meeting Karolis, Akram, and Ivy (the intern I am the successor for) at Orchid to open a bank account. It took forever! The ordinal was about 4 hours! Anyway, now I have a bank account so I can get paid. After that we went to the President's residence and we toured part of the house, walked around the grounds, and watched (tried to dance along...) some cultural performances. 



I am doing well and enjoying my time here. Mostly, I will be working but everyday brings something new and memories are added. The little things is what makes it a good time here. Lunch every day with great coworkers, laughs with friends, eating good food, seeing new places, trying new things, and appreciating the small blessings God sends my way <3




No comments:

Post a Comment